We don’t just have a vision for our church to flourish, we have a vision for our city to flourish.
Find out how you can get involved – read below to see specific opportunities for outreach during COVID-19, and year round.
*** COVID-19 Response ***
- MEALS – If you would like to make or purchase a meal for the elderly or families with kids in foster care we would love your help.
- SEW – We are partnering with a fabric business owned by a family in our church to make masks for those working in the health care field and other essential service industries. We will provide the fabric, pattern, and instructions if you have the sewing skills to participate.
- FOOD DRIVE – We are continuing to help get food to those who need it the most. Please join us and drop off food to the FoCo Cafe any day between 9-11. It will be distributed to families from Lincoln Middle School. Items being collected are fresh produce, meat, canned beans, flour, sugar, fruit, pasta, etc.
Sound Awesome? Email Amy to get involved
*** SERVE WEEK ***
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. Mark 10:45
Mark your calendars for July 13-17 for Serve Week. Serve Week is a time set aside for our House to look outward together. We love serving, and we love serving with one another. We will coordinate projects to meet needs all over the Front Range as a community. It is our hope for people’s hearts to be opened to the love of Jesus through practical acts of service.
Start praying, dreaming, chatting with your city group and preparing for your project today. As you move through our city in the coming weeks ask God to show you who/where may most need an extra dose of love. Below you will find several ideas and questions to get the ball rolling.
Please reach out to Amy with any questions.
Here we go…
- Who in our neighborhood has a need?
- What business or organization within our sphere of influence could use a blessing?
- What are some areas we are passionate about?
- What serve opportunities best suit our groups skills and abilities (prayer, physical labor, art) ?
- What resources do we have access to?
- Where can we spread kindness, beauty and love?
- Free garage sale
- Leave flowers and a note on your neighbors doorsteps
- Bring lunches to construction workers
- Help with minor car repairs for elderly, widows or single parents
- Help with home cleanup or repairs for those who are physically or financially unable to do it themselves
- Host free car wash
- Offer free yard work in your neighborhood
- Clean up or help with landscaping for a local school
- Collect toys and games for kids in need
- Build wheelchair ramp for a family
- Deliver fresh flowers to residents
- Let kids make crafts that can be given to residents
- Landscape a flower garden and sitting area for residents
- Volunteer to serve a meal at the Fort Collins Rescue Mission
- Drop off lunch and notes to the staff at the Larimer County Food Bank
- Sign up for a shift at the Food Bank
- Corral shopping carts at a local supermarket
- Take treats to local librarians, fire fighters, or first responders.
- Lead community trash clean up
- Offer to wash windows of locally owned business
- Give away groceries
- Have a “Free Grass Cutting” day
- Provide healthy snacks to chemotherapy patients
- Deliver care packages for employees
- Offer to drop coffee or lunch to employees